Thursday, October 01, 2009

the future is ours

Yesterday, I attended a university information night for the Ivy League schools, Harvard (my dream school since I was like, ten), Dartmouth, Princeton, Columbia, Brown, and Stanford + University of Pennsylvania. The Yale meeting was held on the 26th, which I attended as well. If I want to make it from IB league to Ivy League, I gotta kick it up a few notches.

It got me thinking. I was discussing this with a friend yesterday night, on the way back from the meeting. Most people don't choose the career that they'd like to. Most people take a realistic path, like medicine or law. If money were no object, I'd go into visual arts.



To whoever out there reads this, tell me. What would you do if money were no object? If a penny could put food on the table, and put your kids in school, what career would you choose? Comment in the c-box. (... That was my lame attempt of picking up the mood in this joint.)

It pains me to think about it. We grow up with people telling us to follow our dreams, but most of our dreams aren't achievable.

So I don't know what to do. There are so many options, and I don't know which career field to go into. Each university has so much to offer for each one. Which university to choose, which one? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

he says, she says

twitter me this